Linux Graphics Users
April 19, 2024, 01:34:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thank You

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Digital Photography Edition

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital Photography Edition  (Read 1768 times)
Jaws

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2008, 08:56:54 am »

Member Newmikey, over at the PCLOS forums has introduced a remaster of PCLOS Minime that incorporates an array of digital photography packages to help all you budding artists.

http://www.pclinuxos.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=38771.msg297306#msg297306

Some of the highlights...

Pre-installed packages for everything concerning the managing and editing of digital images. These are in almost all cases standard PCLOS packages out of the official repositories. In only one case, a package has been upgraded to a newer version and the upgraded packages have been provided upstream to the PCLOS development team.

An incredible number of plugins and scripts for the image editing program The GIMP. From redeye correction to adaptive contrast and from noise reduction with the newest algorithms (GreyCstoration)to the so-called "Highpass" sharpening filter, it's all there, pre-installed and ready to go. Even "David's Batch Processor" or DBP has been pre-installed.

A directory filled to bursting with ICC color profiles for almost all camera-, printer- and monitortypes and the gorgeous curvesets of Fotogenetic are at your disposal.

By special permission from Gabor Horvath, the author of RawTherapee (http://www.rawtherapee.com/), we have been allowed to include this great program. Although RawTherapee has a closed license, it is free and Gabor's permission allows us to distribute it on this liveCD.

As a treat, we have also included the Kommander script UFRaw-Assist. This works as a batch converter for camera raw files. You drag raw files onto the desktop droptarget (upto 255 files) and all files are converted, denoised and sharpened. If you wish, thumbnails are simultaneously generated.

Cheers
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

geminiguy
Founding Member
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 10:34:58 am »

Congats to Newmikey!!!! Smiley MiniMe is going to get "A LOT" of use very quickly!!! I'm sure we will see a great deal of special editions based on it very soon Wink
Report Spam   Logged

abmman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 01:22:43 pm »

I am running it right now - it totally rocks!!! I am going to post a review once I get it on a new machine. We really needed this thanks newmikey!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMFFree.com - Create your own Forum