Linux Graphics Users
March 29, 2024, 09:47:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thank You

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

One my kid took

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One my kid took  (Read 2794 times)
dadster
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: January 21, 2008, 10:27:25 pm »

I played with this using Gimp but can't take credit for the pic.  I've no skill at all using a camera. Smiley
       http://dadster.deviantart.com/art/Blue-Eyes-75272763
     Honest critique please.  I'll pass it on to my daughter.

Dadster
Report Spam   Logged

Usually I try to take it one day at a time, but lately several have attacked me all at once......

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jaws

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 11:00:54 pm »

Good job!

I got to tell ya, there's something about B&W photos that I enjoy. Sure, people can be dazzled by color, but the moody effects can be just as dramatic. Now if you didn't title the image "Blue Eyes" I might have missed it. How do you do that?

Cheers
Report Spam   Logged
geminiguy
Founding Member
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 11:03:51 pm »

Actually, the shot is pretty professional looking... and it looks as though she did it while holding the camera out?? Rather talented. Maybe a more appropriate title such as "Snow Princess"?
 Excellent job kiddo Wink
Report Spam   Logged

dadster
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 11:38:14 pm »

Thanks guys. Smiley  She took a bunch that day and some I thought were really good but then I'm the dad so I don't count.  I'll have her read these posts. 
   Yea Paul she held the camera out to take that shot.  Maybe this Christmas present will end up a good investment. Roll Eyes 
    Guess I could have made the eyes more blue Jaws or brighter to be noticed.  I used the spray paint in gimp to color the eyes.
    What I was going for was a hint of color.  Something that would catch the eye and hold interest.   

Hey Paul    You got pretty eyes too,  Thanks for sharing.  Wink Grin Grin         Seriously  Great job.  They look good.

Thanks again. Dadster
Report Spam   Logged

Usually I try to take it one day at a time, but lately several have attacked me all at once......
Jaws

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 09:22:27 am »

No, that wasn't a criticism, the eyes look just right. Actually my eyes were drawn to the gloved hand as the darkest element of the image. The hair and hand frame the face, perfect!

Care to give the camera details. I'm always interested.

Cheers
Report Spam   Logged
dadster
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 04:06:44 pm »

Hi Jaws    You know the funny thing about her eyes?.......  Grin They're really brown. Grin  She was laughing when I showed her the pic.     
   Her weapon of choice is a Kodak Easy Share C813.  Don't know what setting she used for that picture. The camera only has a 3x optical zoom.  I think the digital zoom is something like 8x. Not sure.   She read the posts here and now her head needs a bigger pillow for support at night. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes     

Catch ya later   Dadster           
Report Spam   Logged

abmman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 03:44:56 pm »

Very beautiful picture indeed! There is a kind of fairy tale aura about it. Maybe making the snow covered ground in the lower left corner just a tiny bit darker would help making your eyes center more on her face? - just a suggestion  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMFFree.com - Create your own Forum