Linux Graphics Users
March 28, 2024, 01:09:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: as this site is only used as archives (yet still moderated)

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Quick Color Change

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick Color Change  (Read 1681 times)
Jaws

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2008, 06:26:49 pm »

Getting tired of using sliders or the color wheel in the fill and stroke dialog to change the color of objects? Think it's a hassle to change the stroke width? Try this...

Here, the two objects I've drawn have my default settings for fill and stroke, a light gray fill and a black, .5 pixel wide stroke.

Which is also designated on the bottom left.

What we're going to do is use the color bar, chose a color and left click, hold and drag.

You'll see this cursor and the fill or stroke bar get highlighted along it's border when the cursor is in position over it.

Release the mouse button and you've got your color. Actually you can drag the color onto the object itself to change it.

Again drag and drop blue onto the stroke bar, but notice the number next to the stroke bar.

Right clicking on it opens a stroke width dialog, where you can save a lot of clicking.

Another important click saver: Right clicking on either the fill or stroke bar brings you a bunch of option, including a quick way to remove fill or remove stroke.

Inkscape is well thought out and I'm finding the UI to be a pleasure to work with.

Cheers
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jaws

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 02:56:45 pm »

I forgot a couple of point having to do with color, so I'll do a quick update here.

Don't forget you have more then the standard Inkscape color palette. To access it, click on the arrow pointing towards the color palette. You'll bring up a dialog where you can choose different color palettes plus increase or decrease the size of the palette or wrap it.

You can also create your own custom color palette by modifying a palette and saving with a different name.

The files are in a plain text Gimp format.

Cheers
Report Spam   Logged
geminiguy
Founding Member
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 09:42:58 pm »

Very informative & useful Jaws.... thanks for sharing Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: