Linux Graphics Users
April 19, 2024, 07:43:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: as this site is only used as archives (yet still moderated)

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Slow Load Times?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Slow Load Times?  (Read 2441 times)
Jaws

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2008, 12:44:28 pm »

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the load time on the forum have gotten very slow? Clicking around here produces times of up to 15 sec. to load a page. I don't think it's my computer because other sites around the web and other Simple Machines forum sites load pretty fast on my broadband.

Cheers
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

geminiguy
Founding Member
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 05:45:27 pm »

I notice it too. Sometimes I can't even stand to wait that long, so I just come back later.
 It is still on the free-host (cuz I'm cheap) Roll Eyes But I'm planning on resolving that as soon as I can $$ been tight lately Grin
 It is also a known fact that once you begin to change the theme on the forum, the load times become compromised.
 I will change the theme back to the default blue until I can get this resolved. I will also be dropping the gallery (none has really even voted so... Admin's choice) on that subject Tongue I believe the gallery, and games section also add to the load time, so... both they go
Report Spam   Logged

geminiguy
Founding Member
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 08:24:22 pm »

It seems quicker now without all the frills. But I notice when there are more than like 3 or 4 people on... it gets really sloooow
 I'm gonna find out about this in the smf forums.
Report Spam   Logged

Jaws

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 08:07:49 am »

Yeah, you know I was wondering why, at times, it was quick. Never thought about the more people the slower it got. I hope that's it and it can be straightened out because I'd hate to see people get turned off from the forum because it's so slow.

Cheers
Report Spam   Logged
geminiguy
Founding Member
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 09:08:52 am »

I hope not too. We're still very young, and I am busy with 3 other projects at the moment.
 Actually, it can happen to the best of them... I have not been able to even get onto any of the kdelook.org, xfcelook.org, etc. Not sure if they're having problems with their servers or what?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMFFree.com - Create your own Forum