Linux Graphics Users
April 19, 2024, 01:06:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: as this site is only used as archives (yet still moderated)

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Upgrades to come within the month

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upgrades to come within the month  (Read 1768 times)
geminiguy
Founding Member
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2008, 08:45:20 pm »

Just to let everyone know. Dadster & I & the mods will be discussing various items to
 #1. resolve some of the load speed issues
 #2. ways to pump the forum up a bit

so, stay tuned. And thank you all for your patience and understanding while we get through these infant steps Smiley
 I have been busy trying to finish up a couple of projects which are beginning to become very high priority (not that our community is not), but I have made promises and commitments and need to uphold them.

Thank you.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jaws

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 09:20:32 am »

so, stay tuned. And thank you all for your patience and understanding while we get through these infant steps

Not a problem, Paul. I'm sure your dedication will show through on this forum as it has in your other endeavors to which you keep your commitment.

Cheers
Report Spam   Logged
geminiguy
Founding Member
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 01:40:11 pm »

Thanks Jaws...
 This forum means a lot to me, and I have big dreams for it. And I am thankful for the great bunch o people we already have around. And my word out to you guys is... "keep postin" Grin
 If you come across item of interest, knowledge, etc.... please share it.
  I have just opened the Town Hall at the top in the general area to everyone. This was first used as a place where admin & mods could list, look over, and talk about which graphics programs to add in the forum... but now I want everyone to be able to bring up items they come across within our area of interest (Linux Graphics Programs)
 There is one I came across a while back which is not yet ported to Linux, but the Developer for it would actually love it to happen, but needs the assistance of Linux Devs to get it done.... So it will be listed here soon to see if we can help this to become a reality (which is just exactly the type of thing this forum was designed for) to not only provide a common ground for well-established programs... but to try to get lesser known,& non ported programs within our reach and expand the options for the linux Artist Wink
 Just as we have our friend Sawer... who is trying to figure out how to fix a bug within the "Pencil" program (Thanks Sawer)... so that it can become a useful / enjoyable tool for others. Smiley
 Some programs are already set-up within one distro, but may not be for another.... this is another area which this forum / members can help with.
 A few great video & text tutorials already exest here (thanks guys).... yet another way this forum can be useful....
 These are the things I am hoping to see this forum do.... unite "all" artists within the Linux Platform... to help each other based on our common interest & love of art... not on our distro of preference Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMFFree.com - Create your own Forum