Linux Graphics Users
April 18, 2024, 02:14:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: http://linuxgraphicsusers.com/

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Klikit Linux

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Klikit Linux  (Read 3713 times)
JonC

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2008, 04:56:25 am »

The Klikit Linux team is looking for artists to help with their distro. I visit there quite often and they are a real friendly bunch. Here is a link to the thread.

http://loscompanion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2592.msg51603#msg51603

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
JonC
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 05:03:12 am by JonC » Report Spam   Logged

Registered Linux User #447237

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

SiathLinux

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 11:28:53 pm »

Ok, I checked out that thread - joined and offered to do what ever they need done... Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
JonC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 11:30:55 am »

Thanks SiathLinux. I believe I have seen Dadster over there as well. I'm not artistic at all but I really do admire and appreciate art. I think it is simply amazing what you talented bunch can achieve. Back to topic. I try to help out with the kilikit project testing and so forth but artwork is out of my reach. So thanks again for helping them out.
Report Spam   Logged

geminiguy
Founding Member
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 01:30:32 pm »

Hello JonC
 I will take a look tonight as well, thanks.
 Just to let ya know though... I started this forum separate from my involvement with PCLinuxOS. So please make sure this is clear over at klickit Cheesy
 Linux Graphics Users was set up for artists who use any Linux derive....
 So, Siath and Dad are looking at it too... I imagine we will be able to help them out Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

JonC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 03:52:54 pm »

Thanks Geminiguy, I will post that forthwith. I have always encouraged "We are all Linux users" mantra and have stressed the need to stop distro bashing. They know I like/love PCLinuxOS and came over to help them in any way I can. It is a good community and lots of fun. Thanks for all the help. You guys are fantastic.

Best regards,
JonC
Report Spam   Logged

geminiguy
Founding Member
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 04:23:06 pm »

I wanted to let you all know, that I'm glad LGU could be of use here. Yet one more of the goals achieved, and hopefully many more to come. It seems Klikit will be just fine Grin
 There are plans in the works for upgrading our forum here, we're just mulling over a couple of options.

Any images will need to be linked from a host for the time being.  Smiley

JonC... congrats on the new position.... have fun guys

Gemini
Report Spam   Logged

JonC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 10:29:55 pm »

To Geminiguy, Dadster, and Siath, thanks very much for all your help we now have official space for the artwork team at Klikit.

http://www.artwork.klikit-linux.com/

Although the space is blank for now we should have something setup so you can post your artwork submissions.
With your own album/gallery.

Thanks for joining the team and your contributions so far. If you have any questions please ask or pm me.

Best regards,
JonC
Report Spam   Logged

JonC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 01:21:12 am »

I also forgot we now have our own Artwork Team Lounge at the top of the forums page. This will be useful for the team members. Hope all is well and am looking forward to seeing you over there.

Regards,
JonC
Report Spam   Logged

geekydude

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 03:52:56 am »

Hi everyone!

I'm a member of the Klikit team, and one of the original founding members of the distro.
I'm also a global moderator in the Klikit community.

I will be making sure the Artwork team has what it needs from our distro.
So far, we have discussion lounge for tossing around ideas and working on Klikit specific artwork projects.

Here's what we have for "official" artwork:

http://loscompanion.com/forums/index.php?topic=28.0

It's not much at this point, as we are a new distro.
What we need is possibly to rework some of this stuff to make it a bit more pleasing to the eye.
Perhaps even make some of them scalable?
Shinier, & glassy looking graphics would be nice also. Wink

The Klikit team has given permission to alter/rework our logos, graphics/artwork, and you have full reign to use your imaginations, talents, & skills to come up with nicer artwork. The sky is the limit, and no restrictions at this point.

My wish list from the Klikit Artwork Team Lounge:

http://loscompanion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3396.0

1.) A nice grub boot menu background.
2.) A splash screen to go with the Grub boot menu.
3.) A beautiful, eye-popping KDM theme possibly using the moodin plugin or something similar to what PCLOS does, but with a Klikit personality & artwork (and also goes with the first two listed items  Wink ).
4.) A series of nice Klikit themed wallpapers in several colors.
5.) An eventual rework of the Klikit logo/mascot and official artwork possibly in SVG and a more modern look that's more pleasing to the eye.

Themes I would like for us to stress in our graphics is the following themes and ideas (even if it is in an abstract way, and not written out):

1.) Community as a central idea we want to communicate.
2.) By friends, for friends.
3.) Community driven.
4.) Art for the Klikit code name: Graceful Glider (Let your imaginations run wild and go with your inspirations!  Grin.

Please remember that we are not concerned about violating any "Official artwork", logos, or trademarks as far as this distro is concerned.
This is an informal project for a reason.
We want it to be free to everyone, so consider our artwork GPL or freeware.
If you wish to donate some of your own artwork for Klikit to use, we ask that you either release it under a license that makes it freely distributable, or you provide a written license for Klikit to be able to distribute it and you still hold the copyright.

We encourage that you sign your work and take credit for it whenever possible. Cool

We have server space reserved, and accounts for dadster, Siath, & geminiguy.
We can setup an account for Jaws also, but we do it based on Klikit forum names, and I don't see an account yet for Jaws.
So We would need Jaws to register an account in the Klikit forums.

How does this stuff sound?
Is it doable?

Thanks, we appreciate any contributions you guys can make on our behalf!  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMFFree.com - Create your own Forum