Linux Graphics Users
April 20, 2024, 12:47:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thank You

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Xara site

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xara site  (Read 2433 times)
Dai
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: December 08, 2007, 04:52:29 pm »

Recently we had a talk on XaraLX talk graphics forum about starting up a site to promote XaraLX. As some of the users of XaraLX feel it would be a great shame to see the project die for the lack of some development even if this is on a hobby basis by the community. Now I'm no graphics guru or developer but, I do make screencasts so for my part I'm quite willing to make some tutorials on using XaraLX to help promote it but, what we need are some coders who are willing to work on sorting out the svg import/export side of things. If you are a coder who uses and likes this program then let us know if you are willing to help.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dai
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 08:19:16 am »

As stated for m y part here is my forst tutorial on XaraLX:
http://showmedo.com/videos/video?name=1500000&fromSeriesID=150

The tute just shows how to put text around a coircle in XaraL. It was taken from one of the Xarazone tues and adapted to work in XaraLX.
Report Spam   Logged
geminiguy
Founding Member
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 10:26:46 am »

Good Lord Dai.... has anyone else ever complained of such incredibally slow load times on this site??? After 10 minutes all I had was 1/4 load progress bar? Do you use any other sites to post your tutes??
Report Spam   Logged

Dai
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 03:57:04 pm »

never had a loading problem with them myself. try it again to see if it's better now?
click the button and the video should just play. Normally us blip.tv as well but, I've not uploaded to blip yet going to wait till I've done one or two more vids for that.
Report Spam   Logged
geminiguy
Founding Member
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 10:35:44 pm »

Uh-oh, I have something set wrong on this machine (my main one) cuz I tried it with another machine and it worked fine.... Nice tute's Dai Grin (wait a minute.... that just sounds very wrong Roll Eyes)
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMFFree.com - Create your own Forum