Linux Graphics Users
March 29, 2024, 02:50:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: as this site is only used as archives (yet still moderated)

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

How do you rate InkScape?

Poll
Question: What do you think of InkScape?
Awsome 'I'd die without it" - 2 (50%)
Good - 2 (50%)
Fair - 0 (0%)
Awful - 0 (0%)
"I like beans".... - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you rate InkScape?  (Read 4141 times)
geminiguy
Founding Member
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2007, 11:36:48 pm »

Tell us your thoughts about InkScape Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jaws

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 05:12:07 pm »

I wouldn't die without it, but if you're talking about ease of use, even for a newb, this is the application. I've been playing around with Inkscape for about 6 weeks. Reading the manual and doing a few of the tutorial from Screencasters gave me a good start.

Everything about the layout of tools seems intuitive and just leaving to tool windows open is a plus, especially on a wide screen monitor.

Trying to figure out all the tools will take time. It seems, at present, there's a hodge-podge of manuals and unofficial manual and wikis to keep you busy for a long time. Unfortunately, it feels like a hodge-podge trudging through some of it. I like just playing around and doing things to see how stuff works. I need to get more in-depth.

I have been finding more tutorial from a variety of different sites and find them to be more helpful at times. I post links in the near future.

Cheers
Report Spam   Logged
Sawer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 05:59:44 pm »

It looks like this will make a good replacement for my Corel Draw. I just finished my first pattern in inkscape. It's going to take time to find everything but so far so good.
Report Spam   Logged

Jaws

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 10:20:01 pm »

Excellent Sawer, then you and I can learn together. I've found that Inkscape really is easy, once you get used to it and powerful once you become somewhat proficient.

If you need any help, just ask!

Cheers
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 10:35:47 pm by Jaws » Report Spam   Logged
Sawer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 07:49:58 am »

the big thing is I'd like to be able to import CDR file ext into inkscape. I have several hundred patterns in this format. I'm not holding my breath as Corel won't let out any info on there ext. I think the only way I can do this is export them from Draw as a svg, a lot of time.
Report Spam   Logged

Digitante

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 04:34:09 pm »

Inkscape is my workhorse graphics program. I use it for almost all graphics layout tasks, diagrams, and most artistic graphics as well. I especially like the use of SVG as a save format, because it is a well-defined open standard.

For the .cdr file conversion problem, however, you might want to check into Skencil. I'm fairly certain it supports at least some Corel Draw formats. There is also a Skencil derivative called sk1, and especially the UniConvertor tool (I haven't tried it, but it lists a wide range of Corel Draw import filters).
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMFFree.com - Create your own Forum