Linux Graphics Users
March 29, 2024, 01:46:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: as this site is only used as archives (yet still moderated)

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

12/14/07 WE GO PUBLIC

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 12/14/07 WE GO PUBLIC  (Read 1029 times)
geminiguy
Founding Member
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2007, 01:42:13 pm »

Today, on 12/14/07, Dadster PM'd me to ask "When do we go public"??, A short while later... Dai asked me the same question.... (this seems like a good Omen) So, today we go public Grin
 I am adding our forum to google, yahoo, msn, and whoever else is crazy enough to even admit we exist Tongue
 Other good ways to promote are

- use the forum url as your signature on other sites
- add the url to footers / sigs on your emails, etc.
- make announcments on other sites you frequent (please check with the admins of those sites first for goodness sakes Cheesy) We don't need any angry mobs Wink

I want to thank you guys again for helping here.
 I'd like to see about recruiting some local mods (at least one for each program / app) who has really good experience with their respective board, so... if any of you know some people at other sites... go ahead and ask but be sure to ask only one person at a time or we'll have to be turning down people for their offers after being the ones who asked them (not too cool)
 We need to figure out a good system to do this so we're not all out there each asking one person to local mod for Gimp (for example) and three of us having to turn down our persons offer to do it.... Wink Any ideas?
 And, I will also be looking for a gallery Admin eventually (or a few once this thing really gets going) As you can see already, the gallery area is hopefully going to be just as busy as the rest of the forum, due to the amount of accompanying boards Wink

Thanks
geminiguy
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMFFree.com - Create your own Forum