Linux Graphics Users
March 28, 2024, 08:29:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our forums have moved to...

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

KToon Live CD

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KToon Live CD  (Read 2530 times)
dadster
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: December 16, 2007, 09:50:48 pm »

I've had trouble getting Ktoon to install on my box   ( I know it's something I'm doing to screw up the install Embarrassed )   so when I stumbled across this link, it solved my problem of trying out KToon.  So if you want to give it a shot you can download the KToon ISO  here;

http://linux.softpedia.com/get/System/Operating-Systems/Linux-Distributions/KToon-Live-CD-16643.shtml           

When you try KToon, please post some feedback here.  This live cd is SLAX based and seems to run without problems as a live cd on my machine. It's a small OS with the bare necessities and KToon runs well.

Please share your experience using KToon here on our forum.

Thanks   Bill
Report Spam   Logged

Usually I try to take it one day at a time, but lately several have attacked me all at once......

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

geminiguy
Founding Member
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 10:02:52 pm »

It definitely takes some getting used to. The first thing to remember, is to set your paths (where KToon is installed, as well as where any temp KToon files will be saved)
 I am working with the program on a different set-up than Dadster, but please, by all means give his suggestion a try. KToon seems to be a really nice program Wink It is (for now) a lesser known product but, we'll hopefully change that... That is what we are trying to accomplish here. To expose our members to the various graphics programs available for Linux.
 If it's worth a try, it will be listed here. I am currently checking out a few for submission here.

Thanks for the info and the link Dadster Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

geminiguy
Founding Member
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 11:04:08 pm »

I have a question here.... If they took the time to make an iso..... why not just take time and make an auto-package?? Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

dadster
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 05:06:54 pm »

Good question GeminiGuy Huh Huh       I don't know.   A Ktoon auto-package would be a good project.     How much time you got?  Wink

Bill
Report Spam   Logged

Usually I try to take it one day at a time, but lately several have attacked me all at once......
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMFFree.com - Create your own Forum