Linux Graphics Users
March 29, 2024, 08:34:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: http://linuxgraphicsusers.com/

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Xara LX: Latest News

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xara LX: Latest News  (Read 2082 times)
geminiguy
Founding Member
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2007, 02:35:33 pm »

Most of you know where the development of Xara LX stands today. (more info will be added for those who don't know later)
 But, with the number of Xara LX users growing at a steady rate, it is hoped to renew the "spark" in the development of this excellent software. Xara LX users need to show their support and interest in seeing any further development of this product.
 Testers will be needed, as well as individuals (even though they are not developers) who are willing to at least give it a shot and try to assist in finishing the missing codes?? There are many places to aquire books, pdf files, etc on such items which the links shall be provided to here very soon!
 Let's face it, what kind of motivation can possibly come from thousands of people whining about "what doesn't work" on a product you're working on... yet noone coming and offering to assist, in any way they can to "make" it work??
 If we want Xara LX to ever become a "fully usable" product, we need to be willing to do what it takes to make it that way!
 Xara LX, as it is, is already an extremely useful program. But there are still some missing functions / support... i.e. the inport & export of valid .svg files (among other areas) But there is some code which needs to be finished / worked on to achieve these functions. And it's not going to get done by whining. Wink
 There are still some independant developers (as well as Xara devs) who continue to work on Xara LX, but should we expect them to just do it, while we continue to sit back and complain that this or that still does not work?? I know that it would not make me feel very motivated Roll Eyes
 I am hoping to get a group of people together, who are interested in giving our best shot to get this project on the roll again.... People who are willing to "just do it"... jump in with both feet... and do whatever it takes to finally achieve a fully functional Xara LX.
 A board will be added for this project, for members of the team to use to communicate, and share info:
WHAT I DO NOT WANT TO SEE HERE...... is "anyone" making "any" comment on the issues related to the rendering engine for Xara!!!! The arguements have been made, the decision stands firm, and it is not open for discussion (especially here) Enough has been offered up by Xara, It's time to move on and make due with what is "freely and kindly given / offered"!!!! Any member making reference to this issue, will be banned from these forums, in their entirety!!!!

Here is the latest news > http://www.xara.com/news/
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 09:46:24 pm by geminiguy » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMFFree.com - Create your own Forum