Linux Graphics Users
March 29, 2024, 12:31:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thank You

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Is this where they sell Ubuntu?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this where they sell Ubuntu?  (Read 1464 times)
rm42

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2007, 03:33:57 pm »

Just kidding.   Grin

Actually, I have been using Linux for about 10 years now.  I have always liked photography, but I only finally was able to get a DSLR a couple of years ago.  Since then, I have been looking for a great solution to process and manage my images.  I would probably buy Photoshop for Linux if it was available.  I have recently purchased Pixel Image Editor, and as we speak I have the new beta version of LightZone running on my computer (it is now a limited time beta even for Linux).  As for the free tools, the one I have the best results from is Cinepaint, but some of its clunkiness is very frustrating since it makes one loose a lot of time.  I use the Gimp for editing JPEGs and I think it is great for that, but it really needs to have 16 bit support for it to be usable for photography enthusiasts.

I still have a lot to learn. So, I may spend some time around here to see what I can learn. If I can share anything I will.  Thanks for the nice site.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

geminiguy
Founding Member
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 10:10:11 am »

Thanks rm42 and.... you're very welcome. This forum came about as an idea to make available, one central location for users of Linux graphics programs to gather, talk, share, etc.... with open lines in and out to as much info and support areas to all the listed programs as we can provide.
 In essence, pulling the entire graphics community into one neutral location to hopefully provide an easier way to navigate and access the various products.

Welcome, and enjoy
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMFFree.com - Create your own Forum