Linux Graphics Users
April 18, 2024, 05:27:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thank You

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

wacom tablet

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wacom tablet  (Read 2760 times)
Sawer

View Profile WWW
« on: December 30, 2007, 06:14:55 pm »

Does anyone here use a wacom tablet? My works great as a pointing device but I'd like to get the other functions to work.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jaws

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 11:35:16 am »

Sorry Sawer, I don't use a tablet... yet.  Grin

Maybe it all has to do with settings and preferences. I found this tut...

http://www.khulsey.com/wacom_tablet_tutorial.html

... hopefully it's helpful.

A search reveals most all the tutorials are for Photoshop. Do you use Photoshop? Perhaps some of the Photoshop tuts will help you.   

This may be another opportunity for LGU to come to the rescue by starting a "Wacom Tips and Tricks" section.

Cheers
Report Spam   Logged
geminiguy
Founding Member
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 11:42:01 am »

I have a driver which a friend gave me, but I have not tried it yet. I have not had the chance... I will post it here tomorrow, as I have to dig for it. I use an Ingenious 8x6 mousepen...
 I beleive there are drivers for wacom through PCLinuxOS and / or Ubuntu repos. I will get some facts and links and post them here some time during the coming week.
Report Spam   Logged

Sawer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 04:18:11 pm »

I have the right drivers installed and can get the wacom modules installed ok, it's what do do after that is my problem. There is a bunch of things to set that I don't have a clue as how to do it, I've read the how to on the wacom project page but most of it  is greek to me.
Jaws the link you provided is for Windoze I don't have any issues there except I don't have Windoze installed anymore except in VMware, in there it uses the linux/host setup. I keep going back an try to figure it out so far no real luck.
Report Spam   Logged

Sawer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 09:17:57 am »

geminiguy: do all the features work with your tablet. I was going to get another wacom for  my 3rd box but if yours works with all feature maybe I'll I'll try it. the price is right compared to a Wacom
Report Spam   Logged

Jaws

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 10:54:27 am »

So it is. I'm giving myself 20 lashes for suggesting a Windows tut on a Linux graphics forum. Grin

Since you're actual problem is, as you described, setting up the functions, I thought there might be some carry over, irregardless of OS, in the process of setting up the tablet's preferences and setting, albeit with different setup screens that Linux would produce. Ugh, was I wrong.

There's a guy,  Toolfox,  that posted in a thread on the PCLOS forums that seems very knowledgeable with Wacom. Perhaps if you contacted this person he could be some help.

http://www.pclinuxos.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=28426.0

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Cheers
Report Spam   Logged
Sawer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 10:34:08 am »

Thanks Jaws for the link. It didn't work for me, it messed up my xorg so I had to do a restore but it gave me some hints on where to look for for my distro. I'm running a Kubuntu  clone. I can live with things the way they are for now.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMFFree.com - Create your own Forum