Linux Graphics Users
November 19, 2017, 06:29:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thank You

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Rate Tux Paint

Poll
Question: What is your opinion of Tux Paint?
Excellent - 1 (50%)
Good - 0 (0%)
It's OK - 0 (0%)
Not for me - 1 (50%)
Who is Tux? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rate Tux Paint  (Read 1491 times)
dadster
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: January 06, 2008, 07:07:21 pm »

I personally haven't tried Tux Paint but it looks to be a simple well thought out graphics package.
Report Spam   Logged

Usually I try to take it one day at a time, but lately several have attacked me all at once......

Social Buttons

abmman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 03:37:01 pm »

Just gave it a test run. A fun little program, easy to use,lots of predefined brushes, even speaks my native tongue (Danish). Guess it would be OK for simple drawing tasks, especially if you had a digitizer (don't know if it is supported?). The pictures, however, can't be saved or exported - they are  stored within the program (I have looked through the different tuxpaint folders, but can't seem to find them). According to the readme.txt this is supposed to be this way, so that kids, using the program, won't be able to screw up the computer  Cheesy 
Report Spam   Logged
Digitante

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 04:35:31 pm »

I rate this program "Excellent" for the sake of my 5-yr-old daughter. This is her favorite program.

It's also teaching her some basic graphics skills, and more recently she's expressed an interest in learning how to use Inkscape, though it's still a little beyond her.

BTW, abmman, TuxPaint saves in PNG format in your ~/.tuxpaint directory. That's where you can find the images.
Report Spam   Logged
geminiguy
Founding Member
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 08:26:45 am »

hehe, My 4 1/2 year old daughter loves it too.... especially all the sound effects Cheesy I actually need to hone my skills a bit more, cuz she's actually pretty good with it, and may just take Daddy out of the graphics scene before I know it Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMFFree.com - Create your own Forum